Store bought snacks have too many preservatives? Unknown what is going into your food? No time to make your own snacks? Make air-dried healthy veggie or fruit snacks easily at home! Easy steps here!
Air dried veggies make a healthy snack for everyone at home –
- Helps with Baby’s teething (make delicious chewy dried veggies for soothing teething gums),
- Keeps food fresh longer and generally maintains its nutritional content – just add into soups, stews or sauces to make tasty dishes,
- Great healthy treats for your beloved dog too!
But making air-dried veggies or fruit must be difficult? Need large gadgets and machines? They also take up space and waste electricity? No!
Japan design air drying basket makes thing simple! You can make tasty air dried fruits and veggies in your own balcony!
Worried about dust and dirt on your food while air drying? Japan design always thinks about the user and anticipates your problems before they happen. Don’t worry, that problem is covered. Literally. Well covered.
The air drying basket is fully covered with a zip opening, so you don’t have to worry about dirt, dust or insects landing on your food during air drying. Safe, hygienic and easy!
It has a hook attached so you can hang it simply from any laundry pole or railing in your balcony.
It also flat packs for storage and is easily washable. Saves space and no hassle cleaning.
We have some Easy recipes for making air-dried veggies & fruit snacks!
For Ready-To-Eat Air-dried Veggie Snacks:
Suitable vegetables to use – lotus root, pumpkin, cucumber, white radish, aubergine/brinjal, carrots
- Blanche some sliced vegetables in boiling water (depending on the thickness and preferred crunch, around 0.5cm thickness, for 3-5min)
- Remove from hot water and put into ice water bath to stop cooking process.
- Pat veggie slices dry with kitchen towel and place on the air dryer in a single layer.
- Place in your balcony to air dry.
- Lotus root, pumpkin, cucumber and white radish will be ready air-dried in 2-4 days.
- Aubergine/brinjal and carrot will be ready in 1-3 days. (If you prefer semi-dried veggies, please use half the drying time.)
- Add some salt, pepper, other seasoning like chilli powder, garlic powder etc to your air-dried veggies and toss to coat.
- Tasty, healthy homemade air-dried veggie snacks are ready! Store them in airtight containers to keep fresh!
Note: If you are making for babies or pets, please do not add seasonings.
The air-dryer is also suitable for drying uncooked fruits and veggies such as banana, apple, pears, bell peppers, carrot, pumpkin, lotus root, cucumber, radish and even mushrooms like shiitake, shimeiji and enoki mushrooms.
Simply slice the fruits or vegetables and lay them in a single layer on the air dryer. Dry for 1-4 days depending on the types of fruit or vegetables and how dried you want them. Store the air-dried fruit or vegetables in airtight containers to keep fresh until cooking!
Add dried veggies into soups, stews or sauces for great nutritional value, texture and taste. Or add dried fruit into breakfast cereals, oatmeal or baked goods like cakes or muffins for natural sweetness, more fibre and nutrition.
Thank you for reading our Blog!