Summer time! The heat is On!
Wouldn’t you like to kick back, relax and chill out with a delicious freshing cup of ice cold coffee?
Doesn’t that look GOOD?
Making Cold Brew Coffee is so easy, you can do it in 3 simple steps in the comfort of your own home! You can enjoy delicious cold coffee that isn’t watered down by ice cubes and does not have a bitter taste.
It’s so simple, you only need 3 items:
- Cold Brew Coffee Jug (with filter), this is best and hassle-free because there is already a built in filter which makes serving your coffee a breeze. No messy spills or trouble cleaning up. No need for other gadgets like strainers.
- Coarse Ground Coffee, it is best to use coarsely ground coffee beans as the particles are not so fine or sandy (like those for drip coffee). Coarsely ground coffee beans will not over-infuse and will develop a lovely smooth flavor.
- Fresh Water. you can opt to use filtered water or mineral water which may create a gently naturally sweet taste in your cold brewed coffee.
(Coarse ground coffee beans visual example)
3 Super Simple Steps to the Best Cold Brewed Coffee
- Scoop 3/4 cup (approx. 180g) of coarsely ground coffee beans into the filter compartment.
- Pour 3 cups of water (approx. 700ml) of fresh cool water into the jug.
- Submerge the filter filled with coffee beans into the water, close the lid, give the jug a shake to mix well and place the whole jug into the fridge for 12 hours (half a day). Remove the jug from the fridge and its Ready To Drink!
You may adjust the amount of water or quantity of coffee beans according to taste. More or less coffee / water if you like a stronger or weaker coffee brew.
Why does Cold Brew Coffee taste so great?
The slow infusion process (12 hours) of making Cold Brew Coffee extracts the delicious coffee flavor and caffeine from the coffee beans but leaves behind the most of the compounds which can make coffee taste bitter and sour. This is why Cold Brew Coffee tastes pleasantly smooth and sometimes even sweet. It is great for iced coffee and perfect for a hot summer day!
It is a great way to prepare coffee as it can be made the night before, placed in the fridge and is ready for your morning pick-me-up!
If you like milk coffee, simply add some cold milk into your cold brew, sweeten with sugar syrup or even honey for a refreshing taste. People who like stronger milky taste can also add condensed milk and evaporated milk for an intense creamy taste!
Black coffee lovers can simply enjoy cold brew coffee on its own. It is fragrant and refreshing!
Ice Cube Trays with lids help to keep the flavor of the coffee in and not be contaminated by other foods like meat you may have in your freezer. Big ice cubes also make it easy for you to chill drinks quickly as you only need 1 or 2 ice cubes per cup.
Put a few of these coffee ice cubes to your glass of cold brew for a super icy drink! Fantastic for a hot summer day! And, you can enjoy your coffee at full strength without being watered down by ice cubes!
This recipe is also suitable for those to enjoy their coffee hot. Simply prepare the coffee as per the simple 3 steps above. When the coffee brew is ready, pour it into your favorite mug and microwave it for 2 minutes to get a piping hot delicious coffee! Sweeten with sugar or add milk to taste! Enjoying your favorite coffee is easy!
Hot Or Cold, Just As You Like It!